So, this past weekend Bill and I dropped the girls off at his parents to we could go on our annual camping trip in Taylor's Falls.
Unfortunately, while we were gone Delaney had a fever and wasn't feeling well.
One thing led to another and on Sunday morning the poor thing started to throw up chunks of blood. After a couple episodes we told Bill's Mom to bring her to the ER. After 4 hours at one hospital we were told to bring her to Children's for more testing.
Needless to say, we were both freaking out.
The good news is that it wasn't anything serious. Thank God.
The bad news was that she was completely dehydrated and somewhat starved from not eating for a couple of days in row.
Boy did I feel guilty for going out of town. Like, really guilty.
After the doc gave Laney a couple rounds of fluid (IVs) she was feeling much better.
They said the blood was more than likely from drainage from a bloody nose and was all she had in her stomache when she got sick.
Poor thing.
The moral of the story is this: Yes, your child can starve if you let them. And, Children's Hospital is the best hospital ever. Ever ever.
We're glad our little lady is doing better and hope that we never have to deal with this issue again.
2 comments:
Jeez how frightening! I understand you feel badly about it, but you had no way of knowing this would happen.
I'm so glad she is well.
Thank God is all I have to say...love her!
Post a Comment