Monday, October 24, 2011

3



I would like my girls to sometimes have to earn the fun things that we do. Lately, I've been struggling because 2 out of the 3, or 1 out of the 3 will be cooperative but then the other 1 or 2 is not.
I want to tell the one(s) that are acting like wild animals that they will not be rewarded for their behavior.  For example: if I tell the girls that we can go to the DQ today if everyone helps picking up, and only one or two actually help out (without complaining constantly) then only the one(s) who helped should be able to go.
BUT, that would mean either Bill or I has to stay back
or
if it's just me and the girls I bring them all and only reward some?!?
I can't imagine doing that.
However, if I say no to the DQ all together then those who were "good" get screwed.

How do you do it with 3?

3 comments:

TBRKO said...

I hear you on this one AJ. Grandpa Wayne likes to bring over "medicine" which is candy. Anyway if one kids lost the medicine for not eating supper, he refuses to bring it in as he says it's unfair. I disagree....I guess taking them along and not letting them get DQ? But if you're like me, that sad face makes me sad so I try to not even offer a reward. Cuz inevitably someone will screw it up. Maybe I'll just say "for being so good, we will do this" but I won't say "if...then..."
Hell parenting is TOUGH.

Erin said...

Oh, I am so with you on this. I struggle with this, too--and I don't have any good solutions. Maybe Bonnie's suggestion will work.

Clare Marie said...

I just want to say that those girls are just beautiful and that picture captures it! I also struggle with this. It always depends on the scenario, but it gets creative for me. I try to do it on levels...kind of. Still trying to master. But Bonnie's idea is good to just not have them earn that one thing. This would have to be a verbal conversation With you and I would love to hear your ideas!