Do not volunteer to be the "Cookie Manager" for Girl Scouts.
Did you know that you have to go to trainings?
You also have to spend lots and lots and lots of time on their website.
I had no idea how involved this was.
On top of that, I've got parents calling and asking if my kids want to be in the science fair. Um, NO!
Elementary school is so busy and the parents are so involved in everything. It blows my mind.
And while I'm at it...what's up with "playdates?" I mean, to me, a playdate is for Mom friends to get together and pretend it's for the kids. Why all of a sudden it is all about me driving my kids all over town - or having friends come over here for hours at a time?
We don't live in the best neighborhood as far as friends for the kids go, but I'm really over this whole playdate thing.
I know it seems lazy, but I feel that between gymnastics and a busy family life I don't need all this extra stuff.
Right??
2 comments:
RIGHT!
You rule. I love your posts..like for real. You are seriously one whose posts always brighten my day. :)
AMEN!
Post a Comment