Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Laila's 4th Birthday

I have all "kids" now. No more toddlers, much less an infant. However, I totally get why people "baby" their youngest child. It's not an intentional "I'm going to baby her because she's the youngest" it's that I really see her as my baby girl. Since she was the 3rd and last child there was noone to come into the home to make her seem big. She's just forever the baby.
She doesn't act too much like a baby though. She's totally tough and awesome and she knows it. She's a smart little cookie and has absorbed so much from her two older sisters. She's not shy and is quite competitive - more so than the other kids her age. She started soccer this summer and they're trying to teach her about being part of a team and she's not having it. Some day she'll probably be a great asset to a team, but right now it's all about her being first at everything. And I mean everything.

I have no idea where the last 4 years went. We've just been enjoying Laila so much and having fun we just plain lost track of time, I guess.

We have so many nicknames around here for her I better just keep it simple and say this: Happy 4th Birthday our absolutely perfect in every way Laila Beth.

1 comment:

TBRKO said...

AJ I can relate to this point in every.single.way.
I don't like these 'babies' of ours growing up...not one bit.
She is a beauty!