Tuesday, December 18, 2012

My Cleveland Visit - Christmas 2012




I just had a wonderful whirlwind trip to see my Mom in Cleveland for our annual Mother/Daughter Christmas-do-something-together-somewhere time. I was in the middle of finals so could only do a 3 day weekend so we decided to spend time in Cleveland this year.
I flew in early Friday so we had the whole day to bomb around. Mom's got a new little black jeep that I wanted to see anyway :)
She took me to her flight school (yes, she is taking flight lessons) and I met some of the people that work there and see the little planes they learn to fly in. They had a Women in Flight museum and, as you can see, a NASA exhibit.
We then went to the Cleveland Museum of Art which is newly remodeled and a very cool museum. It's a FREE museum, which is really rare. We went across the street to the Botanical Garden and it was all lit up for Christmas. It was gorgeous.
We grabbed a little dinner at a restuarant that was built into an old bank building. I've never seen anything like it. After that we went to a one man show (the name of which escapes me right now) but was the true tellings of a mall elf. It was cute.
Saturday we shopped and shopped and shopped and shopped. We didn't buy much, but we rarely ever do.
We did a little more noshing and drinking and talking until we both fell into our beds.
We had a little time on Sunday so she took me up to her new office so I can see where she spends her days. It's always nice to be able to picture someone sitting at home or at work when you live far away.
At any rate, it was a really fun weekend and I miss her already.

1 comment:

TBRKO said...

That's awesome. A weekend away with loved ones is beyond rejuvenating. You're mom is awesome!