So, what makes this mom truly happy? ORGANIZING AND CLEANING!! We worked our tails off over the weekend. Bill pulled the pool cover off to reveal the dirtiest pool I've ever seen. You can see that the pretty blue tile liner isn't even visible because of all the crud. The pool guys have come now so the water should be clear in just a few days. We've sprayed the weeds, layed grass seed, mowed, watered and trimmed up the yard. We cleaned out the shed as well as the garage. We also prepared the house for our houseguests that will be arriving tomorrow night. Getting stuff done is like a drug to me. Once it's done I'm on a high.
As a reward for our hard work we lit up the bon fire and hung out in the backyard. Cecelia spotted us through her bedroom window so we let her come and hang out for a while before bed. It's hard to get away with anything these days.
Sunday morning the family let me sleep in (another FAVORITE of mine). Later that afternoon Bill took the girls to his parent's house so that I could finish getting stuff done around here and actually get the house to myself (yet another FAVORITE). All in all I couldn't have asked for a better Mother's Day.
On that note I would just like to say I love you to my babies. Without them I feel I would be nothing. As my friend Barbara would say: BLESSINGS.
2 comments:
I agree BLESSINGS...It's still hard to think of mother's day as my day and not MY mom's! Glad to hear your day was good...I was allowed an uninterupted nap-one of my favorites!
I agree with Kami -- it's hard to remember that Mother's Day is about me now, too. Not just MY mom. I was also given an uninterupted nap -- aahhhh!!! Happy Mother's Day to you, A.J. I miss you and love you lots!!
Post a Comment