Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Fun, Fun, Fun, look who's ONE!
















My baby girl turned one on June 1st - isn't she adorable?? I didn't realize until just now that this was her golden birthday. Perhaps I should have commemorated it better. I guess I have a year to think about it. We threw little Miss Delaney a party on Sunday. She looked the part in her little Birthday Girl t-shirt and skirt. She was such a good girl at her party. Her most memorable moments were: Being loved and adored by her family and friends, playing with the tissue paper and trying to eat some of it, and eating her very first piece of birthday cake. Her big sister was also very good and a huge help during the fiesta. Our pool party theme was cute but the weather did not cooperate with us on the actual pool party. There's always next year!
This year has flown by so fast that I still can't believe it's gone. Chasing around a toddler/preschooler made for a different experience with Delaney's first year vs. Cecelia's. I guess I've learned that with subsequent children you have to make a point to soak in those little milestones because before you know it they're moving on to something new and amazing. Delaney is on the cusp of walking now, which is really exciting, and getting one tooth after another. I've cut out the day time bottles and have her down to one in the morning and one at night. I will cut those out in the next two weeks as well. She can eat big girl food and drink from a cup all by herself. She babbles and tells stories and makes herself laugh. If only I could speak her language. I could go on and on about how sweet she is. I feel so blessed to have her and Cecelia in my life. I love birthdays but I love every day too because, in reality, that's really all we get - one day at a time. I'm sad to think that my baby isn't really a baby anymore but I am excited and anxious for all the new things we get to experience together.
Happy Birthday Laney Lanes.





1 comment:

TBRKO said...

You are an awesome mom and an amazing writer! I wish I could put into words how I feel without sounding like such a moron.
We have done pretty well for ourselves haven't we AJ?!