For anyone who knows me it is no secret that I really, really lived it up in my young adulthood. And I mean really. For me, in many ways I feel like I have had more than one life. There was that party girl who feared nothing and then this mature woman who emerged wanting to have children and grow a family. I have friends who went the other direction in the proverbial fork in the road. These are the people I live that WHAT IF through. Because I am married now and a mother does that mean I have changed or just that I made different choices?
Life has been really, really good to me and I am so grateful for the experiences that I have had so far. But, am I the only person that occasionally wonders what would have happened if I hadn't made the choices that brought me to where I am now? I guess some of you will tell me it is fate, others will say coincidence and free will. I guess I will never know.
Bottom line, I still feel the same, but am I?
3 comments:
You are the same person. We are just a little wiser and able to make better decisions with, ahem, clearer minds, shall we say? You are still the same person that makes everyone laugh and enjoys a good time with the people that mean the most to you in the ENTIRE WORLD for the REST OF YOUR LIFE, not just for one night of young fun. The careless party girl days are gone, (not to say you can't still have fun!), because you are so lucky to have two little miracles and a wonderful husband that surround you everyday!!!! Love your blog!!
AJ, I sure hope you never change. The AJ I will always think of is the one who I LOVED to make laugh, enjoy good music from the 70s & 80s, watch Oprah, dance like dorks, and be a little crazy with.
I am glad to know that I am not the only one who can be really reminsicent of the good ol' days. (Even if I didn't live things up too terribly much!)
You are still the same person just in a different stage of life. I think back to our days as 21 year old roommates and know that I still have just as much fun with you now as I did back then (just with less partying). You are still the girl I can confide in, talk to about everything, and now ask advice on motherhood. Yeah, things might have been more care free before marriage and children but now you can wake up to those precious little faces every morning and go to bed with your sweet hubby every night. Life is good.
Kris
Post a Comment