Wednesday, June 10, 2009

5 days

I was rocking Laila this morning for her morning nap and she was drinking her bottle and lying on my chest. She was curled up all tiny and sweet and I thought about my trip next week and being gone for so long and I freaked out.
I know some of you have left your little ones for extended periods of time. Does the anxiety and guilt go away?

6 comments:

TBRKO said...

Not for me. We are going to Vegas in August. I was more against it just because I am still nursing, and I am not a good leaver. Thad really wanted to go, and it is very fun. It's hard though...I just always feel guilty.
Regardless, HAVE FUN. You deserve it, and even if you feel guilty, go and enjoy yourself.

Unknown said...

Yep, as soon as you are sitting having a pedicure with your mother, having a cocktail and your dressed to the 9's, and remembering who you are before the three best things in your life found you. Usually day 2-4 are okay, The first day is severe guilt and the 5th day your heart if lonely for those that love you just for who you are. Their mother.

Clare Marie said...

You really are upset about this...you are the one that is always tough with me lol Once you are out of MN, you will feel better and it will come back from time to time when you call home...at least for me. It will be good for your girls to have you away for awhile. Side Note: I was sick when I was packing and reality was kicking in a couple weekends ago. Oh and at the airport when I left the car they were in.....

jenny said...

i always get that feeling, but i have to focus on the positives - have fun, you need the 'me' time, and it's always harder for you than the kids. it will just be that much sweeter when you get home. :)

Kris said...

For me it never gets better. I have to give up my peanut every other weekend and my heart breaks every time like it's the first. Best way to get through is think about how happy it will be when you get home to their smiling faces.

Erin said...

I'm with Melissa on this one. She makes a great point that once you feel all dressed up, pretty, and relaxed you do really remember who you were before you became a mom. And it feels good to be refreshed like that. It doesn't mean I don't miss my children when I'm away, but I have great mom friends reminding me to let go of the guilt--so this is me reminding you that it's okay to spend time and money on yourself, too. Also remember, because they will be with Bill you won't worry about them. Missing them and worrying are different. Enjoy your "me time." We don't get it very often!