Monday, February 15, 2010

Good Times











As you can see at the top of this post we are having a day at home because of the holiday. And, quite frankly, I'm tired of chasing.
We had a really really great weekend. Saturday we took the girls to the MN Zoo. They were having an indoor beach party for the kids. We saw a bird show, shark and (EEK!) eel feeding, dophin training, hybernating grizzly bears and took a trip on the monorail. It was a beautiful day - we actually drove through downtown on our way there to look at all the white trees and buildings. It felt good to get out as a family. Unfortunately, I had to work Saturday night but I got off early which was nice
Sunday Bill helped me get some "to do" list things done - one of which was to clean under the girls' bed. Lord Almighty it looked like an episode of Hoarders. Paper and socks and toys and dust and random stuff galore. We had to open their window to get some fresh air in. Lessoned learned: check under the bed every one and a while.
I worked Sunday afternoon and my wonderful husband went to task for me: bathing the kids, going to the store, delivering Valentine's, folding laundry, etc. etc.
After work I picked up some Chinese and we had a Chinese Valentine's dinner. The girls made homemade Valentine's for Bill and I and I have beautiful roses sitting in my living room right now.

I'm a happy girl.

The other pictures above are from Laney's preschool program last week (so cute!). And, of course, Laila doing her best Hitler impersonation. Why does she think it's funny to eat diaper cream any time she can?? Anyone? Anyone?








3 comments:

Erin said...

A fort! I LOVED building forts as a kid. The boys and I have done that before, but maybe it's time to do it again. Diaper cream? I thought it was toothpaste. Ew. ;)

TBRKO said...

I thought it was foam soap. Just goes to show that had you not told us, we wouldn't have been half as grossed out.
I guess it's not worse than eating boogers or snot huh?
PS: Bill is awesome!

Kris said...

Bill IS awesome...I'm jealous. :) Lucy eats ANYTHING so don't feel bad. And when I say anything I mean, stickers, band-aids, and fuzz. Weirdo!