Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sandy Girl: The Smiling Dog



We had to put down our VERY beloved dog Sandy today. Things happened to quickly I can't even quite wrap my brain around it. We had brought her in last week because she was limping. It turned out to be bone cancer (she had lyme's disease as well, apparently). Over the last few days she deteriorated quickly - not eating, shaking and panting constantly. Then, her leg broke this morning - just snapped because of the brittle bone. Bill brought her in to the vet and they discussed her issues and determined that the pain she was in was just too much to bear.
We sat with her, kissed and hugged her while she passed in our arms. Our hearts are broken and we will miss her more than she'll ever know.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so sorry. Ironically we were just talking about how she was such a good dog. I know how bad it hurts when it goes that quickly. Now she is bugging Haley again. I feel so bad for you all. Love you! xoxo

TBRKO said...

Oh my heart is breaking for you. There is nothing more true and loyal that the love for a dog. AJ cry your eyes out and don't feel silly for one second....

Kris said...

Oh honey...I'm so sorry. Melissa is right, she's bugging the crap out of Hailey somewhere right now so at least they are together. I can't even imagine what you are going through. Love you...miss you. I'm sending BIG hugs from me and Lulu.

Erin said...

I'm so sorry, AJ.