Friday, April 8, 2011

Energy

I have been really (like, really) lazy this week.
I mean, the house still gets picked up. We still play outside. We all get bathed and ready for the day.
But, we skipped preschool Monday AND Thursday.
Monday I didn't want to go. Yesterday Delaney didn't want to go.
Then, at 8:30 last night I was tired already.
Maybe it's the fresh air.
Maybe it's those little people you see in the pictures wearing.me.out.

When I told Bill I was tired last night he said "I go to bed after you and wake up before you"
I felt lazy when he said that.
He knew it and covered by saying that I work harder.
I wish it wasn't a competition. I wish some weeks it was acceptable to just be lazy.

If I had a full time office-y job I would probably be fired by now.

2 comments:

TBRKO said...

You are NOT lazy by any means. I find that I am more tired in my house then when i am at work. Maybe it's because i don't have a couch or a bed calling my name???
I am home for the fourth day this week, and let me tell you....I am feeling equally lazy. I can only clean so much.

Clare Marie said...

Easy for the husbands to boast about their energy level when they don't have to think like a mom lol children are exhausting! The constant talking, fighting, squealing turns the house upside down and keeps you on your toes. In all reality, we are entitled to lazy days and don't feel guilty. We carry the world on our shoulders of not just us but everyone in the household involved! Put your feet up....and make a margarita;-) love ya!