There was a time when I had an infant, a 2-year-old and a 4 year-old and life was SO busy!!
During that time I would sit and think about the day when all the girls would be in school and I would finally get a break.
I really didn't realize how bittersweet it would be. And I'm not the only one who feels this way. Yesterday morning my biggest kid didn't want to go to school because we had all spent a week together during the Thanksgiving holiday and she was going to miss me too much. I know I say it all the time, but we are a tight knit group.
On the other hand, it didn't realize how easy they would be for me to take care of. People assume that a 5, 7 and 9 year old would be a lot of work, but it's quite the opposite.
They are all now very independent, good listeners and eager to please.
Even my middle child, who fought me so hard for a good 3 years straight, has turned the corner!
Our mornings are a million times better! No fighting, no crying, no whining.
Sure, the girls fight with each other, but that's normal and I can ignore that.
They don't fight with Bill or me on much. They're just so good!!
I know it won't stay like this forever, but for now I couldn't be happier or prouder.
This is what they refer to as the Sweet Spot in parenting, I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment