Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Update

Well, I had an adorable picture of Delaney fishing that I wanted to post. But in true form, my old crappy computer and this old blog site won't allow it.
Delaney turned 8 last month!!! She wanted to go to Chuck E. Cheese's (again!) and was clearly the oldest child celebrating a birthday there, so this will be our last year of doing that.
Obviously WINTER IS OVER!!! School ended and we all passed :)
We went to Lake Ida with the Tortorice's for Memorial Weekend and for the first time in forever the weather was perfect for the holiday weekend.  The water was cold, but the kids didn't care. We had a blast swimming, fishing, s'moring, bonfiring, and just playing. We are SO happy summer is here!!!


I decided to run a full-time daycare this summer AND take summer classes all through June. I seriously don't know how I did it. All I know is that I'm glad I'm done with school until Fall.


The Saturday before the 4th of July we left for South Dakota. We had 4 full days to explore. We went to Lake Sylvan, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Deadwood, Custer State Park, Black Hills, Badlands, Wall Drug, Bear Country..plus swam at the hotel. It was really fun and I can picture us doing that trip again in a few years.


My Mom is coming for a visit this week. My 20th high school reunion is next week - although I'm not very interested in going. Laila's birthday is also next week.  I feel like summer is flying by and I want to dig my heels in the sand and make it slooooow doooown.


Hope you're all enjoying your summer as well!!!

No comments: