It's taken me almost an entire week to remember how to log myself back on to my own blog. But, here I am!
I'm here today for just a little "Weekend Update". The day to day stuff around here can get pretty mundane but there were a few highlights of the weekend. Generally, most of the stuff you'll read from me will be about the girls because, let's face it, nobody really cares about me going to the DMV or Bill going to buy more diapers.
We received the TMX Elmo doll from Bill's uncle Dave. The little guy is out of control and I almost think Bill and I get more of a kick out of him than anyone. So, you tickle him and he cracks up, right? Cecelia thinks he's pretty cool and I think a part of her thinks he's real because the other day she was tickling him and he says 'do it again' so she does. Well, after a few tickles he says to her 'do it again' and she sits back, sighs, rolls her eyes and says O-kay Elmo! As if it was the biggest chore in her life to have to tickle Elmo again. We thought it was pretty funny.
As most of you know a toddler simply cannot be left alone for any length of time without getting in to some sort of mischief. Yesterday morning was no exception. In the time it took me to feed Delaney, Cecelia managed to scoop water out of the toilet with her favorite cup and pour it into the garbage can. Then, take the baby wash and do me the favor of 'cleaning' my bathroom floor.
As for Delaney, well, she was less trouble - thank goodness. She does take after her sister a bit, we noticed. She'll start crawling for the cords coming out of the wall and as soon as she hears her name in that cautionary/warning tone - you know the one - she takes off at full speed just waiting for someone to grab her. This can be really fun for atleast 500+ attempts.
Anyway, we did manage to have some fun with friends and family as well. Bill and I even stayed up past midnight on Friday!!
Hope you all managed to have a little fun as well.
I'm here today for just a little "Weekend Update". The day to day stuff around here can get pretty mundane but there were a few highlights of the weekend. Generally, most of the stuff you'll read from me will be about the girls because, let's face it, nobody really cares about me going to the DMV or Bill going to buy more diapers.
We received the TMX Elmo doll from Bill's uncle Dave. The little guy is out of control and I almost think Bill and I get more of a kick out of him than anyone. So, you tickle him and he cracks up, right? Cecelia thinks he's pretty cool and I think a part of her thinks he's real because the other day she was tickling him and he says 'do it again' so she does. Well, after a few tickles he says to her 'do it again' and she sits back, sighs, rolls her eyes and says O-kay Elmo! As if it was the biggest chore in her life to have to tickle Elmo again. We thought it was pretty funny.
As most of you know a toddler simply cannot be left alone for any length of time without getting in to some sort of mischief. Yesterday morning was no exception. In the time it took me to feed Delaney, Cecelia managed to scoop water out of the toilet with her favorite cup and pour it into the garbage can. Then, take the baby wash and do me the favor of 'cleaning' my bathroom floor.
As for Delaney, well, she was less trouble - thank goodness. She does take after her sister a bit, we noticed. She'll start crawling for the cords coming out of the wall and as soon as she hears her name in that cautionary/warning tone - you know the one - she takes off at full speed just waiting for someone to grab her. This can be really fun for atleast 500+ attempts.
Anyway, we did manage to have some fun with friends and family as well. Bill and I even stayed up past midnight on Friday!!
Hope you all managed to have a little fun as well.
3 comments:
I'm just trying to picture your "tone" when they know they are in trouble . . . just can't get passed your contagious laugh! : )
We have that dang TMX Elmo too. It's hilarious!
Your blog is awesome! I love hearing about all the little things my nieces are doing!! We love you all tons and keep the update coming!! Jim & Megan
Post a Comment