Thursday, August 2, 2007

Those Moments of ...

still.
If you've ever experienced a moment in time where everything just seems eerily still, then you know how I felt yesterday after hearing news of the collapsed bridge. This bridge that Bill used to drive home from work on every single day. This bridge that I drive on with regularity. I wish I could understand why these things have to happen.
The good news is that there are loads of people who actually survived this tragedy and are here to share their story. The devastation of the lives lost is almost too much to bear.
There was a school bus on that bridge. They all survived. Think how tight their mothers held them when they came home.
Give your loved ones that extra little squeeze and thank God for another day. As I've said before, that's all we really ever get.
Thank God for all of you who are safe and well and who I love whole heartedly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was so happy to hear that Bill, you, and the girls were safe. Something like this really puts things into perspective, especially when going through hard times. Even in heartache and pain, I feel so lucky to have all the people I love and that love me in return. Big hugs and kisses to you all.
Kris

TBRKO said...

I agree AJ. That whole incident was very surreal. Take care and keep writing about life with your family!