We've reached three months now everyone. That magical date where you can sort of breath a sigh of relief knowing that you made it through the fragile part of your pregnancy.
I had been sort of worried about my lack of symptoms (and weight loss) so I decided to bring the whole family in for my confirmation doctor's appointment on the 28th.
The test came back positive but I still didn't feel secure. And, since I had everyone there, I thought it would be cool for them all to hear the heartbeat - if we could.
It was no problem at all. The doctor brought in the the little doppler and jellied up my tummy. She let Cecelia hold the speaker while she searched around for baby.
Sure enough, there is was, loud and clear. The four of us (plus doc) sat in silence listening to the whoosh-whoosh sound of our little bean. My heart swelled, I couldn't stop smiling.
To know everything was OK was such a relief and I felt myself relax instantly.
There we were, our little family, all together just enjoying the beating of the heart.
2 comments:
Was that the fastest 12 weeks on record or what? You are very lucky to not have had any major symptoms, but I understand the fear. I was worried every time too. I just wanted to make sure all was well.
What is your due date?
There is nothing better than that sound . . . thanks for painting the picture of your family in the doctor's room together, so wonderful!
Post a Comment