Monday, January 14, 2008

Communication.

A lot of things got me to thinking of this topic: my reaching out to a new friend, the last post I wrote, Bonnie's latest blog and conversations between myself and my children (at different ages) as well as my husband, friends and family.
Communication between Moms is so important to me. Sharing and comparing the excitement as well as the bumps in the road. If it weren't for that I would probably never get out of bed.
Speaking what's on our mind - whether it's a random thought, or something we've been rolling around in our head and heart for days.
It's how we change our style and tone depending on who we're talking to. We speak freely and openly with our family. We pour our hearts out to our spouses. We laugh and really say what's on our minds with our friends.
We teach our children the art of communication as soon as possible so we can use that great tool to help understand eachother.
I guess it's just necessary to make the world go 'round.

1 comment:

TBRKO said...

Good stuff AJ! I feel a little bad talking about Kate. She just is sort of a ditz. And it makes us laugh. We do need to work on not getting so shocked by her odd comments though...but they are just that: ODD. It's her tone though too like you mentioned.
Oh well....Hey you should get a facebook. I am reconnecting with lots of people from HS. It's very surreal.