Tuesday, March 4, 2008

It's a Girl!

We are insane with excitement! The ultrasound yesterday showed a perfect and healthy baby girl. We are beyond grateful for this gift of life. We are not sure how we will handle a houseful of girls, but cannot quibble over gender when we have been so blessed.
When I think of how fortunate we are to be able to add to our family with relative ease it makes me want to cry. Sometimes I wonder how we got so lucky. Add to that the health and beauty of our children and it's almost too much to take in.
It's a completely different experience already knowing who's inside of me. It has given my baby an identity. We can make references to "her" and use the term "she". Being able to give her a name and completely prepare for her arrival is going to be so much fun. By the time she arrives it'll be like, "she's here".
Cecelia is asking so many questions about her - today she asked if she likes to splash in the water that she lives in. She also asked if the doctor will hold my leg and if I will push "like this" and made grunting sounds. I told her yes to all of the above and then she asked if she could come to the doctor when the baby comes. It's so cool having a child old enough to understand what's happening. Both the girls will be amazing older sisters.
I am so proud.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Now you can start to pick out names and all that fun stuff! Bill will definately need a vacation a few days a month once the girls get older-imagine the hormones! Brian is already talking about all the fishig/hunting/golfing he will get to do during those times! Talk to you soon
Kami

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you thats so awesome!!!! Hope youre still in good health and continue to be> me and mike wish all the best for and your wonderful family!!
love always mike and andrea

The Process said...

Although it breaks my streak on correctly guessing gender, I am so happy for your family! You make beautiful girls!

Anonymous said...

Oh honey, I am so excited for another little Heer girl to arrive! It just makes perfect sense to add another one to an already perfect group of girls.
Love you.
Kris

TBRKO said...

Congrats! What exciting news! Bill sure has a supply of "pink bullets!"

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Maybe Bill can get a boy dog to help even things out? Ha! Amy