That's how Kate (from Jon and Kate Plus 8 on Monday and no I'm not commenting right now on their drama sorry) referred to birthday party goodie bags.
Laney's party is on Saturday and I have to agree - this goodie bag thing is stupid. Nobody wants their kid coming home with more clunkily junkily!
I've done balloons in the past - might have to go that route again.
Thoughts??
5 comments:
I agree that it is such a waste of money...DUMB. Do I do it? Uh...yes, but I try to just do candy.
But I LOVED getting the treat bags when I was little...so did you and you know it. But I would have also taken a balloon or candy too.
I swear to god we didn't get those though...that's the thing. I was have always wondered when this started. While we are on this subject, I also don't remember being invited to as many parties as my kids are. I also don't remember needing to invite the entire world like my kids do!
I say boycott the treat bags--it's all overpriced crap that as a mom, I can't wait to throw away. Not once have my kids missed something after the initial 24 hours of getting the bag. Balloons are a great idea--or even a shiny new quarter or 50-cent piece for every child. It'll be more novel for them and cheaper for you.
I call it "garbage that lives in the van" because most of the time they are all excited to get it at the party and then ti gets left in the van for me to pick up, clean up or throw away later.
Post a Comment