Saturday, September 19, 2009

Growing Up Too Fast

This sweet little bundle didn't let me rock her for her nap just now. I laid the blanket on my chest like I normally do, sat in the rocker and then she grunted at me and reached for her crib.
She didn't want to be rocked by Mommy. She just wanted to go to sleep on her own.
How is this happening??
All of my babies are changing so much right now. Cecelia in kindergarten and Delaney started preschool (I will upload and post those adorable pictures soon) and now my BABY doesn't want me to rock her before nap?
This is why I have children so close in age - because once they get to be around that 1-1 1/2 age I get that scary "I don't have a baby" feeling.

I am really looking forward to all the girls getting older and being able to do more things as a family (camp, dinner, movies, plays, museums, vacations, game nights, etc, etc.). It's just so hard for me to let go of the baby phase.
Luckily, most days I am still very much needed by all. Everyone needs a cuddle at one point in the day. I'm still kissing boo-boos and making things better. And Laila is still a "baby" in many respects.
Isn't she a darling?

3 comments:

TBRKO said...

She is a perfect little darling. My 'baby' sure doesn't look like one anymore either. Where has the last year gone? *Sigh*

Getting back to me said...

She is gorgeous - love those eyes!

Holly

Anonymous said...

What a beauty.