I have so probably posted something like this before, but do you ever feel like other Moms (or families) are better at keeping their lives organized?
For example, we live in MN and niether my 6 year old or my 3 1/2 year old have EVER been ice skating! I mean, do I have to buy them skates? When do I do that? When do I take them ice skating - in the evening when we have barely 5 spare seconds, or on the weekends that are almost always booked with other activities?
Also, I have yet to even start Laila's baby scrapbook and she's 18 months old. Sure, all the pictures and paperwork is crammed in the front cover but there is not so much as a drop of glue in it. (at least I have, on occasion, written in her album).
I have not rearranged my furniture (aside from the pipe bursting in the basement last year) since we moved in 3 years ago. The girls have gotten new beds and such, but I have the exact same paint and pictures on the wall that were there in 2006.
For me, the winter months provide zero motivation to do anything. Seriously, most of the time I don't even like to get ready in the morning.
At any rate, aside from moving south (which I am diligently working on) where do I get inspiration to do this stuff?
Y'all??
9 comments:
I only have one child and I don't get her out to do fun things much either. In fact, I still have LOTS of blank wall space (which drives me nuts) in my house that I moved into in May 2007!! I think super organized moms only live in tv land!
I'm with Kris. I have one child and I feel like I still can't get my sh*t together and I love organization.
The things you are doing AJ . . .
Loving and growing three beautiful young women. Who cares what is on the walls?
I hear ya. When my house is unorganized it gives me anxiety and makes me crabby! However, finding the time or motivation to keep things organized isn't always easy to do. I find the thing that helps me most is to simplify in whatever ways you can. I go through closets and toys on a regular basis and throw out or donate often.
Holly
I think that I do those things all at random moments-trust me they are all usually inconvenient times for my husband, especially moving pictures and furniture because I am good at starting, not always finishing.
As far as the activities, etc I just do a lot of it on a whim. Last week we skated almost every night, tonight Anthony is playing Wii downstairs with dad. I try to get Anthony in one organized activity a season.
Poor Alex is yet to be in anything. His scrapbook is in the same shape as Laila's.
Hmmm...I would love to move around your furniture in a couple of weeks. Can't wait to see you!
I got a second print that Ria took before xmas. It's still sitting...no where near hanging. I am the most disorganized person. Our is a mess, I get nothing done, and I hate winter too.
Hey missed you at the blogging event last night...next time please come??? And seriously, just live your life, enjoy those girls and you're doing the best! (I'm with you on the ice skating thing too though, I've been wondering that myself) haha
Oh and I stopped scrapbooking--something I swore I wouldn't do to my little kids--when Olivia was 2 months old. The more time passes, the less likely I will ever do it. If I had the money, I would hire it out.
Melissa - you seem to have, like, 36 hours in your days..I swear! And Bon, do you HATE putting your kids in and out of the car and stuff? Was that a factor in deciding to have a 4th child?
Thanks, ladies, for all the encouragement :)
Great post on your brothers by the way! Haha, I miss you too as always! And don't worry, my baby scrapbook is nothing but loose pages and pictures with nothing written in it, so Laila shouldn't mind too much!
Post a Comment