Friday, August 13, 2010

8/12/10

Yesterday went, vaguely, as follows:

You know - waking up and all that stuff that's included such as: bathing, feeding, coffee-ing. You know.
Prep backyard and pool for company.
Company arrived bearing cupcakes. Score.
Swimming, chatting, playing,floating, snacking ensues.
Lunch - today's customers include 5 children and 2 adults. No sweat.
More playing and then Laila starts to indicate, for the group, that they are tired.
Enter daycare child.
Books. Naps.
What is this???? Blue ink pen ALL over the arm of my CREAM colored sofa?!? LAILA!!!!
(good thing she's already in bed).
Futile effort to get pen off of couch. And here I was on a high from getting permanent marker off my wood coffee table but not 2 days prior. I guess I'm not the stain fighting machine I thought I was.
Where was I?
Nap time over. Snack. Enjoy the AC for a while.
Bill got home early bearing whole grains, fruits and vegetables. Or McDonald's. Who cares.
Off to the parade!!
Scorch in the sun for a few hours while the kids go bonkers over floats throwing candy at them.
Once again, Laila lets the whole world know it's time for bed.
Home past bed time, but do baths because of the disgusting combonation of sunscreen, chlorine, bug spray and dirt that is covering their bodies.
Night kids.
Pop in the movie. Make it almost to the end without falling asleep.
Guess the fresh air gets to all of us.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I have no idea why no one else has commented, but I laughed out loud reading this! I'm with you on the need for frequent summer baths. Thanks for the chuckle. Love your style.