Friday night we ate dinner and stopped by the Champps patio on our way home to sip and talk. It was fun.
Saturday morning, bright and early, we headed up to Taylor's Falls. We canoed down the St. Croix with our friends Terra and Dave - otherwise known as "Huds" and her "Work Friend Dave" - who are really fun and funny and happy just like us!
Jenn and Beni met us at the campsite later and we did a group dinner around the fire. We relaxed for the rest of the night there drinking and stuffing our faces. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Next day, pack up tents and gear, grap some breakfast, head home to unpack the car, go to get the girls and come home to mow, clean and hang-out.
Bill and I do this trip every summer. It's a staple in our schedule where we say no matter what, this is our weekend to ourselves with our friends.
The girls had a blast at their grandparents house, and now we're all back in to the swing of things.
Next up, State Fair!!!!
4 comments:
Good for you guys! I should add that to my list...I have never camped and it scares me, but I am willing to try it once.
You are VERY lucky to have grandparents willing to take the kids for a weekend. That is a wonderful gift!
Camping is so,so,so fun! And, it doesn't have to be yucky - State Parks (and the place we camped at) have flushing toilets and showers.
Also, Bill and I felt very lucky over the weekend. Instead of asking his parents to babysit here and there we save it all up for this trip!
Think I need a staple like this. I have never canoed?!
Sounds like a great getaway. I'm glad you and Bill carve this time out for yourselves.
Post a Comment