Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day

I can't believe I'm admitting this, but I was actually kind of crabby for the first couple of hours on Mother's Day.
I was hoping the girls would be on their best behavior for me, but they weren't. They were themselves.
The kids fought about nothing to and from brunch and the smallest (but loudest) member of our family was put in her bed the minute we got home for having a holy fit about who knows what when simply going from the car to the house.
I went in my room to change clothes and thought about how I was the WORST mother in the ENTIRE world because I really wasn't enjoying being a Mother......on Mother's Day.

For some reason I had decided on Saturday that I was going to take a break from the usual stuff in 'honor' of Mother's Day the next day.
However, after a phone call to my Mom, and a couple of minutes sitting on the couch I felt bored.
I got up and started to make the beds and clean rooms and empty backpacks and empty the dishwasher and pull weeds and clean the yard.....and feel much, much better.

We went to my in-laws for dinner and had a really good time. The whole drive home the girls and I were telling stories and cracking each other up. I snuggled each of the girls and tucked them in and sat wondering what the sam hill my problem was earlier??

I love being a Mom, but I admit that sometimes I get a little whiny about the work. It's pretty shameful.

I hope your Mother's Day was simply all fairies and rainbows and sunshine - here's to another year!!

1 comment:

TBRKO said...

Hmmmm...Sunshine and rainbows...yeah not here either. I swear they try for a few minutes, but fighting takes over, challenging every.little.thing.I.say, and, yep, I get 'tired' of it too....
Happy Mother's Day!