Monday, April 9, 2007

Playing Catch Up

It's been a long three weeks without internet service so we're playing catch up.
This is a picture of Bill in I visiting Grand Marais while on a trip to Lutsen for Bill's company's annual meeting.
This is the first picture of Bill and I on a trip - alone - for more than one night. You can gather, then, that this was our first trip - alone - for more than one night. Man, was it fun.
I dutifully left a good five pages of instruction for our rotating care takers. First, we had my aunt Minda. For her I am eternally grateful because she single handedly decided it was time for Cecelia to potty train - and it worked. Then we had Bill's mom Nancy who had bath duty - God save her. Lastly, my Dad and his girlfriend Marilyn kindly drove all the way from Moorhead to do the last leg (that included a poopie underwear and bath incident at 4:00a.m.). We are so grateful to all of them for taking such good care of our girls while we were gone. I figured it would be easier for the sitters to rotate than the girls.
After all my notes were written, groceries bought and sleepless nights (with worry that the entire world of my kids would fall apart if I were to be gone for an entire weekend) the trip was on. Go figure, after talking to Minda the first night everything went perfect. No worries for the rest of the weekend.
Bill and I stayed at Caribou Highlands resort in a nice, big condo just for the two of us. We ate casual dinners with uninterrupted conversations, drank until the wee hours of the night and bombed around town stopping to eat and shop whenever we felt like it. We slept in and caught up on things we haven't had the chance to talk about over the more chaotic dinners at home.
I have to tell you, it was really great to be able to spend some time with Bill and dote on eachother for a couple of days.
It was also really good to come home.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay - Such exciting news about Cece's potty training!! I'm so glad you guys had a good time. You definitely deserved a break!
Can't wait to see you this weekend.

Love you,
Kris

TBRKO said...

Great to hear that you had a break! Thad & I are hoping to go on a little mini vacation this fall...we will see though. I have a tough time leaving.
Take care!

TBRKO said...

I didn't like The Tenth Circle. Well, not as much as the first of hers that I read, My Sister's Keeper. That is also a must read.

The Process said...

So great to have that time alone together! I can't even imagine and I'm only 2 months into it : )
Equally great to want to come home!