Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Michigan Avenue































I met my Mom in Chicago last weekend (just the two of us!) and we hit Michigan Avenue hard!
We shopped our tails off for 2 1/2 days visiting almost every store including American Girl Store which I've always wanted to see. I know now I have a few years before I will start thinking about taking Cecelia there.
We saw A Christmas Carol at the Goodman Theater following a very nice Italian meal. The city was beautiful, all lit up and decorated to the nine. The pictures above are from our view on Saturday night at the Signature Room - this is the 95th floor of the John Hancock building and I strongly suggest checking it out if you ever get the chance. My favorite picture is the one with the ferris wheel at Navy Pier. Amazing.
It was so much fun spending time alone with my Mom. Three days of conversation and leisurely meals and, again, shopping! Thanks Mom for everything!!!!
Bill was kind enough to take a personal day on Friday to take care of the girls. Thank you too, honey!!
I'm hoping to do this again more often - what a great weekend.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you girls had fun. I'll try to give you a call this week to hear all the details. love you...
Kris

Gledwood said...

Hi!

I came upon your blog quite randomly....

... and was just thinking: how come American cities seem so much more sophisticated than London.

I think I know why: it's the wider streets that do it. London's streets being howevermany hundreds of years old are hopelessly winding. All because, if you came down to it, in 1655 there used to be a puddle on that spot so everyone veered this side (that's the way we do things in Britain)... anyway!

I loved those photos from the 95th floor of that John Hancock building. How on earth did you get up that high? In this country they'd be too scared you (or I) were terrorists to let any of us up!!

OK wishing you a charming season of goodwill...

all the best to you!


from
Gledwood
"Vol 2"

;->...

TBRKO said...

You two aren't clones or anything! Wow...so stunning. Anyway I have been dying to know if you straighten your hair or if it went straight like your mom's after kids. I am pretty sure she told me that once....
I am glad you had so much fun. It sounds awesome!

The Process said...

Goodness gracious, you were totally in my 'hood. I know this was mom and daughter time which looked like so much fun. Next time you're in town give me a ring : )