My first favorite memory of Cecelia was our first night in the hospital after she was born. She was just 6 little pounds and didn't have the sucking thing down real well. The nurses were afraid (because of how little she was) she would lose too much weight and wanted me to have as much "skin on skin" as possible. They woke me up in the middle of the night and had me undress. They put my little CeCe girl right in the bed with me just in her diaper. I will never ever forget how small and warm she was lying next to me. I would feel her little leg move against me and it felt amazing.
I love this girl so much it hurts.
She's a big girl now and that stings a little, but it is so much fun!! She's the family entertainment with her singing and dancing and constant motion. She's smart and funny and all the things I hoped she'd be.
She's a super big sister and the best daughter in the world!
Happy Birthday our little peanut butter!!!!
2 comments:
That makes me want to cry! That feeling when you are awakened during the night by the nurse to be with your newborn...some may say it's crazy, but I did some serious bonding then. Thank you for putting into words exactly what an incredible experience it was for you, me, and most mothers out there.
I cannot believe she's four!! Loved what you shared, AJ. So sweet.
Post a Comment