Why, oh why, do people harm children? I really don't want to drag you down and make you think of depressing things, but sometimes I feel like I just can't take it anymore.
Last night I was, literally, in tears watching the news. First came the Dad who left his 2 year old in the car in frigid temperatures so he could go to the strip club. The child had hypothermia, but is OK. The second story was enough to make me sick. Father throws child down the stairs in drug induced psychotic state. The 4 year old girl did not survive due to head trauma.
I believe in God, I really do. Sometimes it is SO HARD to understand why a innocent child has to suffer, though! Can't these precious little people be spared?
I look at my little ones and can't FATHOM torturing or hurting them. I understand the frustration that comes along with parenting - believe me. But, to take advantage of my strengh and power over a child is beyond disgusting. If you hurt your child you are a loser. Bully. Coward. Disgrace. Snake.
Again, I hate to pay tribute to such woeful topics, but sometimes my thoughts consume me.
4 comments:
I hear you sister. As the wife of a detective who specialized in crimes against juveniles, it's disgusting how many children are abused, neglected, or hurt in other ways that I won't mention. It's sick & I can't begin to grasp the thought process these people go through.
Hi AJ- Thanks for the response. I have actually been reading your blog for some time. Congratulations on your 3rd pregnancy! You have such a way with words, I always take away something positive from you when I read your posts. You seem to have such a grasp on parenting. Your birthday post to your oldest child really got me thinking about how fast they grow and how those memories of when they were first born are burned into our memories forever- as if it was just yesterday.
Girls: When are we going to get together with our kids??? This new-age play date is fun, but we all need to hang out!
AJ do you remember that you dated Dave for about 2 weeks freshman year?
I know all these crimes against kids makes me ill. How in the hell can you look at any child and make the decision to hurt them in any way? Sickos.
Kris
Post a Comment