Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Bored

I know, to some of you, this is going to seem very shallow and ungrateful. But, what can I say, I'm just being honest.

Lately, I have been bored out of my mind. Not to say I'm not busy, because I am certainly that. However, I'm busy in a 'not fun' way. I've been nesting for what seems like months now. Every night and every weekend we seem to run out of time to get all the things done that I want to get done before summer officially makes her arrival.
Delaney's been sick since Friday so has needed extra TLC, the daycare kids are keeping me busy and this is Cecelia's last week of preschool.

This is not what I'm referring to.

I do appreciate being pregnant. I'm pretty comfortable and have no issues. The baby is healthy and kicking away and that is always really cool.
But, I don't just relish every second of it. I don't.
Now that we're almost to the end I'm getting antsy. The weather is getting warmer and I'm like a kid who's looking towards the last day of school so that I can start to really play and have fun.
I want to meet this baby and have her here. I want to play softball. I want to feel good about my body and wear regular clothes. I want to go to the store and not be gawked at. Also, I want a beer - like, pretty bad.

After seeing the doctor on Monday (all is well) I felt a little bit better about the wait. She said " 6 weeks and you have the go ahead". Of course, this rule applies to woman who have their babies early. I am not one of those women.

10 weeks to go and I know it will fly by, but for today, I'm ready to be done.

4 comments:

Clare Marie said...

Ha-ha I remember being pregnant like it was yesterday. Time never goes fast enough. Before you know it, it will be here. It is like we were talking about today. You are just ready to have your "family" and get life going. I hear ya, sista! People stare, because you glow. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there, any woman who has been pregnant knows exactly how you feel and what you are talking about. And you are NOT shallow or any other bad thing-your coming into the home stretch, anxious, tired, stir crazy and ready to meet your little one! I feel for you and hope the just flies by!
Love ya!
Kami

TBRKO said...

I hear ya AJ. Those last weeks get tough. And, like you remember the other times, your baby will come and you will think...wow that didn't take so long!

Sarah said...

oh my dear woman. Sitting here, banished to my home with 4 days left to go (not counting the rest of today), I know know KNOW the boredom you are talking about. Also, the "hey, it's kindof summer outside and I totally want a beer" craving.

Word on the street is, it's pretty normal. GirlTot and I are right in the same camp with you. Hang in there, darling. The end is nigh.