Friday, May 9, 2008

For My Mom









Usually, most people think that they have the best Mom ever. I am one of those people, only, I am right.
My Mom has the qualities that we all wish we could have for our children. She is patient, fun, understanding, funny, generous, smart, easy to talk to, non-judgemental, etc, etc. I work hard every day to be more like her.
When I was a kid my Mom did everything for me. Made sure I tried everything and experienced everything - from music lessons to sports to theater.
My Mom loves to travel and experience life first hand. As a family she made sure we saw the sights - from California to Florida to New York to Portland to Mt. "Mushroar".
We went skiing and snorkeling. We flew and drove.
I love her for passing down her wonderlust.
My Mom always looked good. She never wore sweats to the grocery store. She also knew how to get dirty and taught all of us kids how to throw a spiral.
She drove sports cars and gave our friends joy rides.
Mom could peel an apple with one shot. I was mesmerized by that.
Mom did volunteer work and loves animals.
She would always buy a kiddie cone for the dog when we all went to the Tastee Freeze.
Mom was our taxi, cheerleader, chef, accountant, social events coordinator, personal shopper, story teller, doctor, teacher and most importantly, our soft place to fall.
There are simply not enough words and not enough time to list all that she is and all that she has done for us.
I will never do her justice by a simple blog.
I just want her to know that this Mother's Day I am thinking of her and thankful.

3 comments:

TBRKO said...

I would agree completely as to how you described your mom. I have fond memories of hanging out with Claire. She was always so calm, pretty, and funny. What a great lady!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to describe your mother, I hope some day that our girls do the same for us! I will have to agree that your mom is wonderful as is mine and no amount of words can begin to explain what they do for us. Well wishes to you and your family.
Happy Mothers Day
Kami

Erin said...

I have never met your mom or seen pictures of her. She looks like she could be your sister! She sounds like a wonderful woman and mother. You are blessed.