Saturday, March 21, 2009

I'm Really Not an Airhead.

I swear, I am an intelligent person, but sometimes I say the DUMBEST things and believe the dumbest things!

I thought of this today when I happened to see a space shuttle on T.V. It reminded me of when I was living in Arizona and one of my friends told me that space shuttles land the same way they go up. And I believed him.
I sometimes cannot believe how gullable I am. It's really pretty sad.

One of my brightest moments (and I cannot believe I am going to share this) was when we were in Cleveland after Rick passed. So, keep in mind the circumstances - traveling with a newborn/planning a funeral/etc.
My Mom, brothers and I were talking about how one of Rick's daughters was pregnant with her second baby. At the time, her older child was only about 5-6 months old (if that). Her due date was in May, but the older child's birthday wasn't until June. In my state of brilliance I had a major light bulb moment and said aloud to everyone over coffee:
O my God! That would mean that the younger one will actually be older than the older one!!!
In my mind, of course, I was thinking that his birthday would come before his older sibling's.
I received some blank stares for a minute and then we all just busted out laughing.

I probably have a million examples of stupid things I've said over time and if I think of any more I'll let you know, but that one pretty much takes the cake.

Hope you enjoyed me making a mockery of myself today!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You never let me down...:)

Kris said...

OK...maybe it will make you feel better to tell you about the time I pulled up to my (ex) father-in-laws house to quick drop something off and forgot to put my car in park! I got up to the door and looked over to realize my car was driving up the driveway BY ITSELF! Talk about feeling stupid. In my defense, I was pretty pregnant at the time so I blame it on that!

Love you!