Monday, July 20, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday Laila B!!!
















When I look back on this day last year I am shocked and amazed at how the rest of the year has gone. My little angel came in to this world with full force and it's been a little funny how she's been sure to have her presence known since then.
For the first 6 months of her little life I wasn't sure what to think of her. She had crazy, crazy, crazy fits, didn't sleep and screamed so loud even the neighbors could hear her.
And then, as if a switch had been flipped, her fits stopped and she started sleeping like a champ.
Her personality now is complex. She can be really easy going, but then if she doesn't get what she wants she will definitely let you know.
She is freakishly strong. If you dare (and I mean dare) take the remote away from her you will need both hands and a lot of will power.
Laila is usually a happy little girl. She adores her daddy - even more so than the other girls did at her age.
She's a fairly picky eater and doesn't fare well at restaurants at this point. After about 10 minutes she usually decides it's time to get out of her hi-chair and act out if you don't let her crawl around, which I don't let her do, which means she acts out.
She knows when she makes a funny. She mimicks facial expressions. She loves music and has her own dance moves.
She's standing on her own and likes to walk around with my kitchen chairs. This means that when you walk in to my kitchen you will usually find all 6 chairs pushed in all corners of the wall.
In my eyes, Laila is still a baby. Her little hands and feet. Her lilly white skin. Her nearly bald head. Her baby laugh. Her genuine cries and tears.
Thinking about her turning one brings tears to my eyes too. Here's my littlest girl turning in to a real person. Before I know it she'll be out riding a bike with her sisters and anticipating going to school.
So that's why today when she was ready for her nap I wrapped her up in her little pink blankie and rocked her an extra, extra long time so that I could watch her sleep in my arms.
I love you so much it hurts, baby girl.
Happy Birthday.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday beautiful girl!

Kris said...

Awww..what a sweetie. And I second the freakishly strong thing...she's a little he-man!

Mike said...

I cant believe shes a year already happy Birthday to your sweet girl!

TBRKO said...

Happy Birthday to Laila! She sure is strong (I have seen it first hand), but what a darling. All your girls are.

Erin said...

I LOVE these pictures of Laila! Your post is so touching. Your girls have a fantabulous mommy!