Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Cecelia's First Day of Kindergarten





There's my big girl with her Hannah Montana backpack!
I cried.
She had so much fun!
(We ran in to a glitch with the afternoon bus, it took the wrong street and missed our house. Let's just say she got the "scenic" ride home and I was guilty and LIVID!)
To focus on the positive, I was glad she had a good first day. I love her teacher and her school and there are even a couple familiar faces from preschool.
We also met with Delaney's preschool teachers. I am a little worried that she may be emotionally immature yet, but she is really looking forward to it so I'm going to see how it goes.
Last week we took the whole week to play before school started. We played at Clare's, we went to the State Fair, we went to the beach and Minnehaha falls.
Nothing got done around the house, but I wouldn't have it any other way.
Here's to a whole new world.


3 comments:

Erin said...

You made it through the first day--yay for you, mom! CeCe looks so grown up and proud in the pictures. Good for you for playing all last week. You are an awesome mom.

TBRKO said...

*Sigh* you did it! I hate to break it to you, but this is the first of many, many kid related snafus.
Keep writing Aj. I love reading your posts!

Unknown said...

She looks so happy!! That is so exciting, I LOVE the Hannah Montana backpack. I was freaked out by the bus but so far so good. I have pic's I will be posting too just been too lazy to upload. Btw, I love Laney's little dance next to Cece.