Tuesday, November 10, 2009

As Requested

Okay, okay, here's another post:

A few things to update so here we go.
Bill and I got to have a birthday dinner, alone (as in just the two of us) at my favorite super fancy restuarant....Red Lobster :-) My generous cousin - Miss Clare - informed me the week prior that she would be watching my girls that night so Bill and I could go out. I almost cried.
We had a really good time and so did the girls.
Saturday Bill went golfing with his buddies and came home with an interesting little tid bit. You see, at the 11th hole they came across a miniture horse. Yes, I said miniature horse. So, his two buddies head for the golf cart while my clever husband calls the pony over. And then gets on it. Not kidding. The pony bit him in the ankle as Bill was trying to ride it.
I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see a picture of it later that night on Bulldog's phone.
So funny!
Saturday night my little cousin came over to spend the night so Bill and I could head out to meet up with Ronnie to celebrate his 30th birthday - and then to meet up with Bulldog to celebrate OUR recent birthdays. Whew, lots of birthdays.
I had so much fun getting out with my hub two nights in a row!

On Sunday I went to work my usual afternoon shift at the restaurant only to find out that next weekend I am not scheduled to work at all - but that my shifts were given to a new hire. And no one told me.
I called the owner's daughter to ask what was going on and to see if, in fact, I have been replaced and she gave me the run around. Apparently, she need to talk to the owner (her father) to get the information I need.
Basically the writing is on the wall (for a reason completely unknown to me), which means that I am basically "officially" unemployed.
I kind of have that worthless feeling.

BUT, today is a new day and I am hunting down jobs likeit'smyjob.
Wish me luck.

There's your update :-)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy Moly-now that is a post, thank you for updating. Sorry to hear about Tanner's, they can kiss it! xoxo- Melissa

P.S. I will be calling you at 5:01.

TBRKO said...

Thanks for the update. Do you remember when all of us would go to Red Lobster here? That is still my favorite place.
There have to be even BETTER places to work right?

Erin said...

Two nights out in a row with Bill--that doesn't happen very often, does it? Sorry to hear about the restaurant. Something better will come along.

Diane said...

I still don't think that you've lost your job. Maybe they're just giving you a little hiatus :)

ABCDH said...

Diane- now I can read your blog! But, I can't comment??
Bonnie- I DO remember going to the R.L. and chowing down on those evil cheesy biscuts.
I love that place!

Kris said...

awww honey...that just means there is something else waiting for you. And I'm sure it's something better. :)