I love my kids. Like a lot.
I think we are probably done having more kids and that makes me sad, but happy.
Total private information, but since when am I a private person?
I guess I am just ready to move on to the next phase of motherhood.
Am I the only one who flip flops about this decision?
I'm going to be 35 this year and once you turn 35 you're considered to be a geriatric maternity patient. I don't want that.
I guess I don't really want to get fat and crabby again either. Or get less sleep than I already don't get. Or be stuck inside - because my babies don't really super love being run ragged.
I like that the kids are all getting older and easier. Our lives are more unified at this point - instead of everything revolving around a baby.
We all eat the same food and drink milk. No more baby food, or breastfeeding, or bottles.
We all can speak English and express our thoughts and feelings.
We can travel and camp and watch movies together.
It's getting to be fun.
It just feels like the whole baby thing went by so fast.
Is this how it's going to feel when the kids are all in high school and don't want to have anything to do with me? Like I blinked my eyes and time jumped ahead of me? Because that's how I feel now, like I blinked and my babies turned in to kids.
(sigh)
Atleast I have friends with babies that I can hold and goo-goo-ga-ga to and smell.
And that makes me happy.
Now I just have to learn how to understand sisters.
6 comments:
Ugh...I wish I felt "done". I NEED at least one more!!! Now all I need is some sperm that also comes with a paycheck cuz these lil stinkers are EXPENSIVE! I love that your "girls" are getting to be girls instead of babies. Makes me even more excited to have more.....someday, right?
If only I believed you were done, you are destined for four. I am destined for two...your girls are beautiful and we cannot wait to camp with you all this weekend!!! xoxo
my second comment is deleted because it reposted the same comment twice...
Well I have also accepted that we are done, but I still don't feel done. Some part of me is hoping that we will win a milion dollars...and I can keep it up!
I know how you feel. I finally took Hope in for her 2 year well check last week and the doctor said it was time to give up the nook. sigh....then he asked about potty training and instead of getting excited for Hope to reach that milestone I started mourning the eventual loss of diapers. Forever. It made me a little sad.
Post a Comment