Wednesday, June 23, 2010

"My Dad's Side"







This past week was full of fun, family and - of course - my cousin's wedding!
My Dad is one of seven siblings and I am the oldest of 17 or so first cousins. With that many people in one family it is an extremely rare occasion that the majority of us can get together at one time. But, when we do, you better watch out!
Last week I got to see both my brothers (from Portland and FL) and also my aunt, uncle and cousins from Texas. And we had a blast.
My Dad and some of his siblings have overcome hardships in their lives that some people would never believe. There has been hurt and immense sadness. The reason I'm sharing this is because it shows how people can overcome the obstacles in their lives and come together to share in something good, exciting and happy.
I'll be the first to admit that we're all a little bit nutty, but we love eachother for it.
I have so much love and respect for each person in this family and I'm so glad I got to see everyone and share so many hugs and laughs throughout the week and weekend.
The wedding was so beautiful and so heartfelt - I cried through the whole thing! (thanks Mike!)
We danced and drank and told stories. It really couldn't have been any more fun!
I would like to offer a BIG congratulations to Mike and Andrea on their marriage - you make a beautiful couple and I'm so excited to have yet another cousin!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I think we should have a meet and greet of the Feske's and Capouch's. Do you think there would be casualties? Congrats to Mike and Andrea!

TBRKO said...

What a fun looking group of people AJ. I am glad you had a such a nice time with everyone, AND that everyone was able to be together.
I hope you had a great time with Stormin Norman!