Monday, January 10, 2011

Our Friends

This sweet little lady that Cecelia is holding is my dear friend Steph's youngest daughter, Carolyn.
When she was born I decided she looked like Victoria Beckham - or "Posh". Yeah, total supermodel.

Steph and her husband, Bryant, were the first friend's of Bill's that I glommed on to. They were both super fun and super crazy - which is my favorite combonation.

The four of us spent a lot of time together once Bill and I moved to the cities. I mean, a lot.
Steph became my total BFF and was the Matron of Honor at our wedding.

The Coopers moved away the summer after Cecelia was born and Steph and I each popped out more baby girls while they were living in Colorado (Delaney & Nola).

Luckily for ME, they moved back to MN so that we could have friends again.

I had another girl (Laila) and then the day before our annual camping trip 2009 the Coops found out they were pregnant - again!

Being part of 'Team Girl' they had no choice but to produce another perfect baby girl, who you see above. This sweet angel is Carolyn.

Christmas weekend this little nugget went through not one, but two, liver transplants.

Words cannot express the feeling of anxiousness we have been feeling for them through this ordeal. To have a sick child basically living in the hospital and fighting for her first year of life has taken over their world.

I spoke with Steph today and it looks like they are going to be bringing Carolyn home this weekend!

I just want to say that I am SO happy for all of them - Bryant, Steph, Nola and Carolyn - that they get to have some real family time spent in their own home finally.

My friends have been at the forefront of my mind on a regular basis and so I thought you should know their story.

Now our hopes for them is that Carolyn gets to come home and continue to just get better and better....

Go Carolyn!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So exciting! I am sooo happy for them.

Anonymous said...

Thanks AJ. It is so incredible to have friends like you especially when times get tough. I appreciate all your thoughts and prayers about Carolyn. Miss our days together, and can't wait until we are able to come and hang out again for girl play time and some adult conversation. Love you so much!
Steph