You, my, brown eyed girl.................
It must be the hormones, but the thought of Delaney as a full fledged two-year-old brings tears to my eyes.
She came in to our lives so peacefully and easily two short years ago. She's been pretty much a breeze ever since, too.
It's just always such a shock to see your "baby" graduate in to childhood.
Delaney is a flippin' hoot. I told my Mom when she was here last that I think Delaney is definitely going to be the comedian of the family. It just blows my mind that a little girl her age already knows how to intentionally get people to laugh. She gets us all going and just eats it up. Dinner time seems to be when she's at her best as she has a captive audience. With her around there is no serious dinner conversation.
She is obsessed with our dog, Sandy (see picture). She treats her like a baby doll even though the dog outweighs her by a good 50+ pounds.
She loves, loves, loves babies. This is a good thing given our current situation.
Delaney's birthday party was on Saturday and I don't think she realized it was all for her until we started to sing Happy Birthday to her. She grinned her way through the song all while trying to grab the entire cake with both hands.
She looked adorable.
Her actual birthday was yesterday and her and Cecelia swam in the kiddie pool and lounged around (again, see picture). I can't imagine a better way to spend one's birthday.
Again, I am such the proud parent to such an amazing little angel.
How did we get so rediculously lucky???
3 comments:
Those pictures are SO cute and that cake yumm it looks good! Happy Birthday to the little one. we were going to try to make it down for my birthday next week but mike couldnt get the days off :( We were hoping to catch a little of wyatts bday too.
Hope to see you guys soon
mike and andrea
It does bring tears on a mother's eyes to see their baby no longer a baby. Especially when it's the second or third child. You just know this time around that it goes by too quickly.
She is beautiful!
My Laners!!! She is so smilie and funny. I will have to agree with you about that! I can't get over that she isn't little anymore. She talks and is her own person now. You are so blessed to have great and beautiful girls! And you are having another one?! Life can't get any better! :)
Post a Comment