Now that we are nearing the end I have some reflections on this pregnancy.
Although I have been doing extremely well physically, I have been pretty much a complete rollercoaster mentally and emotionally.
I literally can go from hot to cold in about 5 seconds flat. I have had trouble biting my tongue which has turned me in to somewhat of a bratty toddler. You could also say that I have been a real "witch."
Bill does not understand the hormonal change, nor does he think it's a good excuse for some of my behavior. This does not help keep the "witch" at bay.
Taking care of my other two beautiful children has also been extra frustrating. I feel most terrible about this because I can't put my finger on why it feels so exhausting. I am PRAYING that once the pregnancy (and post pardem) is over I will go back to being a fun Mom who actually practices a little patience.
Honestly, the mental and emotional instability has been the worst part of this pregnancy and will be a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE deciding factor on whether or not we will have more children in the future.
As for my plans for baby's arrival. Well, we have no plan. Since I have zero idea when she plans on making grand entry I really cannot line anything up as far as who can come and watch the girls, etc. I am hoping it works out better than last time (Bill chasing Cecelia around the hospital for close to 3 hours before anyone could come lend a hand, thus, forcing me to labor alone).
I plan to take 4 weeks off from daycare. It doesn't seem like very much time, but to be honest with you, the faster we go back to our normal schedule the easier it will be for the girls, which means the easier it will be for me. Believe it or not, having other children around makes things a lot easier for me because the girls each have a buddy a couple days a week. More mouths to feed and diapers to change, sure, but not as much work as one would think.
So, there it is. My brief summary of what it starting to feel like a long pregnancy.
Now, let the waiting begin.
2 comments:
I think Thad and Bill need to have a beer together to talk about their hormonal wives.
I am sure I was like this last time too, but it's sure funny how quickly I forgot it all b/c I was so ready for "just one more."
I know this is the most irritating thing a nine month pregnant woman can hear, but that baby will be here before you know it...and you will look back and think, "Wow that went by pretty quickly!"
you are one sexy pregnant lady!
Post a Comment