So I just have to say it. I am not afraid of being here.
It may seem to some that the privacy walls are crashing down around me because I choose to put my life out here in the big, scary World Wide Web. And although my privacy would be more intact if I didn't choose to have a blog, I really don't see how it's necessarily a bad thing.
I have said it before, but the reason I started this blog (a few years back now) was to keep my friends and family - most of whom I barely ever get to see - sort of involved in our day to day lives.
For some strange reason, it's important to me that my children's grandparents and aunts and uncles get to see how my children are growing and changing. Must seem odd, I know.
I realize there are creeps out there. There are sick and demented people who prey on young children. I know this.
Am I really a horrible mother for putting my children out there for anyone to see? Maybe I am.
I choose to not live my life in fear. If someone really wants to come after me or my family they don't need a blog to follow. Try Googling your name and you will see your name, phone number and address appear. All you need is a name. It's that easy.
I have had such a positive experience in the blogging world and not one bad one. I have reconnected with old friends, I have been inspired and learned a great deal about life.
Is it sad that I choose to spend part of my day here writing about my life or reading about others? And, which is worse?
I am not a pathetic housewife with no life who sits on her computer living in a fantasy world. This is not but just a teeny, tiny part of who I am and what I do.
The world is not what it used to be. We are all, whether you like it or not, pretty much an open book to anyone who wants to know about us. You can either roll with it or against it.
7 comments:
Hmmm...I have a sneaking suspicion I know where this is coming from. Love you!
I have never received any grief. I am sure some think it's odd, but I find it quite cathartic actually. What other way would you and I (and many others) have reconnected?
Putting yourself out there and being who you want to be is the way to be. Anyone who judges such a thing needs to re-evaluate where their judgement comes from....It isn't you. I LOVE who you are and the blog that you write! Inspiring! Keep it up!
I was thinking that if someone disagrees with your decision to blog, why don't they just not read it?
Great blog, 100% agree!!! In my experience, people who pass judgement do so because they have issues of their own. Keep up the wonderful blogs.
I'm so grateful that you blog because I feel like it give us a chance to keep in touch without having time for phonecalls! Love and miss you! Keep doing what your doing!
Amen, sisters! and Mike, too.
Post a Comment