Monday, August 24, 2009

Grandparents are Fun






















The last couple of weeks have been spent with my side of the Grandparent spectrum and we have been having a BALL!!

Last weekend my Mom flew in for a few days and we had perfect weather to spend some much needed R&R out by the pool. We were so busy munching, drinking and relaxing that I completely forgot to pull out the handy camera.

We also did a really fun trip to the Mall of America while she was here and the kids got to go on almost every ride they had thanks to the 100 point "mystery ticket" the kids got at a recent parade. Man I love free.

Then, this weekend we went to my Dad and Marilyn's cabin on Big Floyd lake in the D.L. area.
I have missed the lake SO much and it was amazing to be there with the kids and watch them truly enjoy all the things I enjoyed so much growing up at the lake.

As you can see from the pictures, we did just about everything one can do at a lake. Swimming, fishing (you like the big guys with the Hannah Montana and Princess fishing rods??), boating, EATING, drinking, nature walking (Papa got the big girls their own cattails), lawn mower riding, laughing, catching up with family and relaxing.

Why does summer ever have to end???

2 comments:

Erin said...

Yes they are! These are beautiful pics. I used to love to ride the John Deere mower with my Grandpa John.

TBRKO said...

Glad you had fun. I love the picture of CeCe taking in the view. So sweet.