Yeah, not sure what's going on with me this week, but I have been so lazy!
I've been complaining to myself in my head all week as well.
Now, I realize I do not have the hardest, busiest, most difficult life. I know!
BUT, for this week, I don't want to do anything.
Here it comes:
I'm sick of cleaning up toys. I'm sick of washing dishes. I'm sick of laundry. I'm sick of cleaning. I'm sick of packing the diaper bag to go to the grocery store, or the park, or a friend's house. I'm sick of going for walks. I'm sick of changing diapers. I'm sick of giving baths and doing ponies and piggies and braids. I'm sick of coming up with "fun and exciting" things to do for the kids. I'm sick of repeating myself over and over and over.
I'm sick of being the one who has to pack for 4 out of 5 people when we go out of town. I'm sick of making doctor appointments and dentist appointments. I'm sick of always being the one to make arrangements for babysitters and dog kennels. (I'm sick of picking up dog poop too - come to think of it). Now I get to be the one to figure out school supplies, school clothes, school haircuts and new shoes and play dates and teacher conferences and what to pack for lunch.
Just for this week I really, really, really, really wish I could just be a Mom and forget all the parent stuff. I just want to wake up, eat whatever, stay in our PJ's, stay greasy, and be lazy. But alas, my children have a different agenda. They did not ask to be born to a lazy mother and they deserve all the things I'm so sick of doing.
I guess that means this goes no further than a blog post.
Time to get dressed, make a list for camping and a list for Grandma and Grandpa's overnight bag. Go to the grocery store. Pack. Clean. Bathe. Feed. Change.
Love.
4 comments:
Oh AJ, you're such a good mommy and trust me, you are not lazy! I hope your camping trip goes well. Now breathe....
I hear you AJ. Remember when we wanted them to grow up because it would be more fun? Well now I realize that not only is it more fun, but it's more WORK.
I am right there with you on all the mom stuff we do too, btw. Love the husband, but I would love to watch him schedule our lives, plan meals, etc.
Amen, sisters! I wold love to watch my dear hubby deal with the agenda the is the Gillett family calendar.
Hope you had a wonderful weekend and it was all worth it...where do you get a "waa"mbulence"?? Love it!
Post a Comment