Thursday, September 3, 2009

Do You Know?

Do you know how much we miss you?

Do you know my girls do remember you?

Do you know this year feels like an instant?

Do you know how much I love you?

Do you know how many times I think about you in a day, week, month, year?

Do you know I still go to call you for advice?

Do you know we tell funny stories about you every time we are together?

Do you know how much I learned from you that I hold on to?

Do you know your absense leaves a gaping hole?

Do you know sometimes I think I see you or hear your voice?

I wish I knew where you were and what you see and hear and know.
I wish our hearts would heal faster.
I wish you were here.

4 comments:

Kris said...

Beautiful aj. :)

Anonymous said...

Plain and Simple.

Erin said...

Wow. Very touching.

Clare Marie said...

Hug! Very nicely said.