I have now entered my 6th month of pregnancy which meant a little doctor visit last night.
All is well, lots of movement, slow and steady heartbeat and Mom is doing great. I was experiencing some leg cramping but have since upped my water intake and that seems to have taken care of the problem.
This pregnancy seems to be taking a little more toll of my body at an earlier stage, though. After a full day on my feet my hips will ache. I get winded pretty easy and don't seem to have the strength I used to. I'm not sure if I'm to blame it on it being my 3rd pregnancy in 4 years, or a long and sedentary winter. I look forward to spring and summer. Walks to the park and swimming in the pool will do the body good.
Naming our girl is at a stand still right now. Bill has a name in mind but I'm having a hard time settling on it quite yet. I do love the name, but am afraid to say it's a final decision. Hopefully I will make up my mind in the next month or two. It would be fun to prepare Cecelia and Delaney by calling the baby by name before she arrives. It's such a big decision.......
Also, I happen to think to myself this morning "what if this is my last pregnancy?" Since this isn't exactly my first rodeo I haven't spent a lot of time just spending time with my bump. Will I regret not soaking it all in once it's all over?
And, how do women/families know when they're done?? Is it just a feeling or more a logical decision? I want a feeling, and a strong one at that. I want there to be just this overwhelming emotion of, this is it, we are complete. Is that realistic?
For now I am focusing on what I've got in front of me, which is going to be a brand new teeny tiny baby girl. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Also, maybe I will actually post something non kid related in the near future.
2 comments:
I don't think I help you to know whether or not you will know if you are done. I, too, hoped for that feeling. It never happened. As a matter of fact, about 5 minutes after Olivia was done, I looked at Thad and said, " I don't want to be done." He was shocked & said that we were for quite awhile.
Now I know that we will have to be done. We can't afford four as it is, so unless we win the lottery, we are finito.
I've heard that there is a feeling of "completeness" if there is such a thing. Being that it's just me and Lucy....I'm definitely not done. I can't wait for number 2! Now if I can just find a father for said baby....mmmmm that might be tricky. Wish me luck ladies.
Kris
Post a Comment