Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Third Trimester

By this week, baby weighs two and a quarter pounds (like a Chinese cabbage) and measures 14.8 inches from the top of her head to her heels. She can blink her eyes, which now sport lashes. With her eyesight developing, she may be able to see the light that filters in through my womb. She's also developing billions of neurons in her brain and adding more body fat in preparation for life in the outside world.

Pretty cool.

Saw the doctor yesterday and all is well. Passed the glucose screening (whew!) but have low hemoglobin so am recommended to take iron pills. This is nothing new for me so I have no concerns about that.
Gained 3 pounds this month coming to a total of 17 pounds over all. I will have to gain 24 more pounds to reach my pregnancy weight that I had with both girls. Interestingly enough I weighed the exact same at the end of both pregnancies. This is all together very possible - especially since I have no restrictions on my diet. Yippee!!
While doc was listening to the heartbeat baby girl gave the doppler a very firm kick. The doctor was impressed, even though we had to start all over.
Got my shot in my hynie for Rh and that was about it.

The other girls in my life are also doing very well. I have some pictures of them with Grandma Claire from her visit, but have to figure out how to get them here. Now that I am down a camera I am using the camcorder to take pictures.

Cecelia's class is taking a school bus to the Como Zoo on May 7th. She is SO excited!! I will be one of the chaperones so will get to go with her on her very first school bus ride. I'll probably cry or something stupid like that.

Delaney is practicing for her "terrible twos" and is quite the noisy thing. Lots of screaming and crying. What a pleasure for everyone. On the other hand, she has become quite the ham.
I'm not surprised by any of this, just going along for the ride.

Bill and I get a date on Saturday to attend a wedding so am really looking forward to that. More than likely I'll cry there too.
Our 5th anniversary is coming up so I am happy to attend a service to remind ourselves how this all started. Melts my heart.

I'm waiting for the warm-up and just trying to keep everyone happy until we get to exhaust ourselves in the warm summer air.

Any day now..................

1 comment:

Jenay said...

you crack me up! I totally cried when emily took the school bus for her first field trip. Everyone thought that was a bit strange so I am glad to hear that you might too. i am glad that things are going well with baby #3!