Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Bonnie Raitt Made Her Cry

Driving home the other night Bill and I were listening to "I Can't Make You Love Me If You Don't" by Bonnie Raitt on the radio. I started hearing some sniffles from the backseat and turned around to see Cecelia with tears rolling down her cheeks. I asked her what was wrong and she just shouted "I don't know!!" and started bawling - sobbing. I asked her if it was the song and she nodded yes. I saw this little girl just letting it all out for no reason and simply told her "sometimes we just need a good cry." She nodded again and then it slowly began to stop.
It's funny how we are so moved by music, even from a very early age.

Cecelia and I are the same in that we both have very big emotions. We are passionate, hot and cold personalities. There is not a lot of grey area and you can pretty much tell what sort of mood we're in just by looking at us.
This week, she has been happy and easy going.

I, on the other hand, have been irritable.
Delaney is getting over some illness that remains undiagnosed - even after 3 visits to the doc. The last few days she has been very challenging. Lots and lots of crying and tantruming, but no words to tell me what the problem is (even though she is capable of telling me).
I have been trying to be as patient as possible due to the fact that I know it stems from her not feeling like herself. However, listening to your child scream and cry for days and not go down for naps and bed easily takes it's toll on a person. I did end up in tears on Monday and then laid in bed feeling guilty about it later that night.
Sometimes I really wish I could just call in sick and have someone take over for a bit.

To add to the chaos, Bill broke his ankle on Monday night at softball.

So, here we are: Delaney on the mend (thank Heavens!!), me almost 9 months pregnant, Bill on crutches for 6-8 weeks and poor little Cecelia just wanting to enjoy the summer.

Crazy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of 9 months pregnant . . .where's a photo?!?!

TBRKO said...

Ohh that is tough. That song can make anyone cry, but a four year old? Wow!
Hang in there......love to you all!

Jenay said...

Holy cow, you do have your hands full!!! I hope everything calms down for you soon.

Clare Marie said...

It was a full moon last night. Hang in there. You are doing great! You are. I love you!

Anonymous said...

We have Cece's new "ballarina" photo on the stereo in the living room and everytime I walk by I wish she were here so I could give her a big hug.
Rabbit