Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Weekend

Wow. Where to start!
Thursday night the four of us went to the Taste of MN for food, live music (REO Speedwagon, baby!!) and fireworks. Don't ask me how we managed but somehow we spent 5 hours there. And that was before we spent 45 minutes trying to get out of the parking garage.
Friday morning we dressed the girls up in their cutest red, white and blue (should've taken pictures, duh) and headed to the park for the 4th of July parade. We packed lunches and hung out with some family afterwords.
Saturday our friends came over to spend the day swimming with us. We spent all day BBQ-ing and swimming. By Saturday night we were completely water logged, sunburned and plain old worn out.
Sunday we did a "little" housecleaning, more swimming and then to Chuck E. Cheese's to meet up with Bill's old football buddies, their wives, and all their kids! I like to get together with them because every time we do there has been a wedding, a move or a new addition to someone's family.

I feel that this was one of the more fun and relaxing 4th of July's we've had. Spending so much time together as a family is really so great. As I have reflected on the weekend I have to say that, again, I am so proud of how we are growing so well together.
I know I complain somewhat about the kids causing me stress, but the truth is I have the best kids on the planet.
Cecelia has been beyond helpful to me lately. If I ask her to get something for me, or help out her sister she does it. Even though she is a willful child, she is also gentle and kind. Cecelia never intentionally hurts people or their feelings. She is loving and nurturing. I can't tell you how much I love her.
Delaney continues to be our little comedian. Lately I've been referring to it as "middle child syndrom." Seriously, come hang out at our house for a day and you will know what I'm talking about. She is still Mama's little girl, but having Dad around for the long weekend has forced me to share her cuddles and kisses with him. I truly, truly hope she never outgrows being a snuggly child. Even just now before laying her down for nap she gave me a big bear hug, kissed both my cheeks and said "luh you mama." How can I not be obsessively in love with her?
And as for baby number three? Well, doc said this morning that there is no progress from last week. Baby seems comfortable and is still moving around quite a bit. Even though I can't wait to have her here I feel unusually OK today knowing it won't happen anytime soon. She will come when she is ready. I can't wait to tell her how much I love her, too.

I hope you all had a safe and fun holiday weekend. It's hard to believe we're full swing in to summer now.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We are two peas in a pod for sure. Gotta love it!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that your weekend was so wonderful-and what a trooper you are at 9 months pregnant! We had a blast too, all of my sisters kids were down at the lake at the same time, which doesn't happen often so it was a fun filled family weekend and a time to reflect at just how lucky we all truly are.
Kami

Kris said...

Oh honey....i'm so glad you had a good weekend! I can't wait to meet this little girl!!! Love and miss you tons.

TBRKO said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Keep us posted...there are a ton of people excited for you!