To quote my doctor this morning.
My due date is July 22nd. During my routine 5 month ultrasound the technician said baby's measurements put her in around July 18th. I have been holding on the 18th because, even though it's a differenc of only 4 days, it sounded more like mid- July vs. end of July.
Either way you look at it, I am due in a week.
I am obviously not going to have this baby early since the way I see it, she is due now anyway.
I will go in again next Monday and have an ultrasound to make sure there is still enough fluid and that baby girl is doing all right.
After that appointment it is up to me if I want to schedule an induction or not.
My doctor said she'd give me a week past my due date to go on my own so that's my plan.
Having done things both ways - induced with Cecelia and on my own with Delaney - I would MUCH prefer to go in to labor on my own.
So, for now, I am still just waiting. I am crampy, uncomfortable, can't eat, can't sleep, crying at the drop of a hat, waiting.
Wish me luck, folks.
8 comments:
I am thinking about you. I was hoping that maybe the storms over the weekend would have done it for you. Hang in there!!
Our thoughts are with you too, hang in there, just keep thinking of the end result! And keep doing the "squats" and stretches-I swear it works I went early both times!
Kami
Ahh, you changed your blog title! I am a little slow......read the email first. I am not an early deliverer either, but boy do I get fixated on it coming early.
None of these worked for me but try: raspberry tea, sex, walking a lot, squats, etc. Good luck!
ugh, luck my friend. Those last days are the worst (in terms of each day feeling like a week).
And you know that all melts away when you see her for the first time, so I don't REALLY have to tell you that.
Counting the days right with you!
Oh honey....I wish I could help somehow but unfortunately I've got nothing....
I'm thinking about you girls and Bill and can't wait to hear about the arrival.
Love you.
Good luck AJ!!! Me and Mike are thinking about you everyday thinking whens that new baby coming! we will be very excited to meet her! Hang in there for a few more days!
We love you all
Mike and andrea
Thinking about you and the family -hope it all goes well in the next few days and you have a healthy arrival! Amy
Oh AJ, the waiting is excruciating!! You just be as cranky, tired, and sluggish as you need to. Let others cater to you as much as possible.
Post a Comment