Monday, July 28, 2008

Heaven You Can Hold




"Heaven You Can Hold" was written inside the card my Dad gave to us and I think it's just a perfect description of children.
Before I get in to our first week as a family of five there are a couple of people that I owe a big thank you to.
First, thank you, thank you, thank you to my aunt Minda. Minda came to the house the night I went in to labor. This is not the first time Minda has come to the rescue and will probably not be the last. No other person in our lives has given more of their time than her. Since time is probably the number one thing we all covet it means more to me than anything else.
If I didn't have Minda to rely on I really don't know what I would do. With my family all living out of town she has been my rock and for that I am truly grateful. I would like to add that true giving is when you give without an expectation of "payback." This is a rare quality that Minda possesses and someday, I swear, I will repay her somehow.
Also, thank you to Clare for coming to the hospital at 2:00 in the morning to videotape Laila's birth. The footage is precious to me.
A few more thank yous go to my Mom and Rick for sending the Edible Arrangement! Yum!
Our neighbor, Anita, for bringing dinner over on Tuesday!
Thank you, Dad, for coming down for the weekend and being the perfect Grandpa.
And thank you to Ronnie and Clare for coming over yesterday and feeding us delicious gourmet food all.day.long.
Oh, and I can't forget Melissa who drug her whole family over here last night to meet Laila after a full week in Floriday, a 3 hour plane ride and 1 hour in the parking garage trying to remember where they parked their car. Then again, there is a reason she is my very best friend.
Now, on to week one of being a mother of three.
Not much to report on since Bill was home all week to lighten the load. Everyone is doing great! Laila had one rough night after I ate some spicy Jumbalaya for dinner (how quickly we forget the rules of breastfeeding).
Cecelia has been very good with the baby - our little "mother hen." She wants to hold Laila all the time and kiss her and hug her and sing to her. She is also my little helper - fetching a diaper, blanket, or whatever else I might need.
Most people have been asking about Delaney and how she's handling the new addition. Truth be told she has been rather unaffected by the whole thing. She tells Laila how "tute" (cute) she is and gives her a kiss and then is on her merry way. Delaney is such a good girl I really shouldn't have expected anything different.
Bill was wonder Dad this week. Taking the girls with him to the grocery store, etc. This is no easy task and I'm proud of him for stepping up to the plate. He also had both the girls out at the pool every chance they could get. And when the other two are taken care of he scoops up his youngest Angel to just hold her and admire his handywork.
As for me. I too am feeling good and adjusting to my new role as a mother of three. This week will be a new challenge since I am on my own, but I think I am up for it.
Wish me luck and I will update with anything new and exciting.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that all is going well for you and the family, but to everyone who knows you this is no suprise! Love the name to by the way! Love and kisses to you and the family
Kami

TBRKO said...

I am so happy for you all AJ! Maybe it's just me, but based on the pictures I have seen, Laila looks so much like Delaney!

simplicity said...

Congratulations! She looks beautiful!

Bummer about the epidural! :(

TBRKO said...

Hey give me your phone # whenever you get a chance.......